If you are thinking about how you can better provide for your loved ones after your passing, you should definitely contact an estate planning attorney in Harnett County North Carolina. Estate planning allows you to anticipate and make conscious decisions about how your property will be transferred upon your death. An estate planning attorney in Harnett County North Carolina can advise you on the best strategies for maximizing the value of your estate by reducing taxes and other expenses, in addition to eliminating uncertainties related to probate.
While most people initially go to an estate planning attorney in order to get a will drafted, estate planning involves more than just your will. Effective estate planning can also help you:
- provide instructions for your care if you become disabled before your death;
- name a guardian and an inheritance manager for any minor children;
- provide for family members with special needs without disrupting their government benefits;
- provide for loved ones who may need future protection from creditors or divorce;
- acquire life insurance to provide for your family after your death, disability income insurance to replace your income if you cannot work due to illness or injury, and long-term care insurance to help pay for medical care in the event of an extended illness or injury;
- provide for the transfer of your business upon your retirement, disability, or death;
- create a revocable living trust to avoid probate;
- minimize taxes, court costs, and any unnecessary legal fees.
You do not need to be wealthy or retired to benefit from estate planning. Since it is not possible for anyone to predict how long he or she will live, estate planning cannot not be put off indefinitely. Start planning for your future and the future well-being of your family by contacting a local estate planning attorney today, while you still have the time.